Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

You may not know this about me, but I was baptized on Mother's Day. It was before I was a mom, so you might think that it should hold no special significance, but it is important enough to me that I remember it was Mother's Day. When baptism symbolizes outwardly that one was reborn inwardly, I was reborn on Mother's Day.

A lot of men don't get Mother's Day, and a lot of women think it's overrated. This is not so with me. I don't think they understand what happens to a mom on Mother's Day. It's a day where you think, you remember, you envision. I look at my baby and I think about where we've come from and where we're going. I remember holding my son for the first time after carrying him inside my body for 9 months. I envision him at the ages of my older nieces and nephews, drawing me pictures and burning my breakfast in bed. I envision him calling me on Mother's Day when he is grown, and him having his children call me when he has his own. It's a day of reflection, a day of appreciation. EVERY MOM DESERVES A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. Show your mom you love her. Spoil your wife rotten. Wish every mother in your life a happy mother's day. Because she deserves it.

I was reborn again on another Mother's Day, this time 22 months ago. My own personal Mother's Day when I gave birth to Dane Thomas. My life was forever changed on that day, the day he made me a mommy. It's no secret to anyone that has ever known me that this is all I have ever wanted in life: to be a mom. Nothing has and nothing could ever bring me such joy and satisfaction. There's not a day that goes by that I don't tell my son how very much I love him or how proud I am of him and there will be no question in his mind as he grows that he is loved. I am grateful to him and for him, for reminding me every day of the gift of being a mommy.

1 comment:

alain said...

Great moment in this blog thanks
Alain
http://homebasedmarkete.blogspot.fr/p/it-works-started-in-2001-and-is-now.html