Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Easter 2010

So we've been gone and YOU'VE been missing out. We'll use this week to help catch you up on the highlights.

First, we'll go over one of my favorite highlights ever and always. EASTER! I get pretty excited about Easter, and I hope that I'll raise Dane Thomas to be just as excited about remembering and celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior! With the help of the fabulous Elevation Church, we're well on our way.
This Easter we gathered with more than 11,000 friends to fill up and rock out Time Warner Arena (YES! THAT Time Warner Arena!). It was amazing with powerful worship, true Gospel, baptisms and several hundred lives being saved by the grace of our God. We took the service as an opportunity to show the city God's love by collecting donations to go back into the community. We asked each attendant to bring an item of food, clothing, book, or toy. In total the church gave more than 18,000 things. That's some serious love! :)
I know most of you reading this have been vested in the Howard Family for some time now, so many of you will share in our delight as you remember the time, work, commitment and sacrifice we poured into the church since it's been 100 people strong. We boast in Christ alone as we tell you to watch out for the marvelous things God's doing for his glory in our city. Look out, Charlotte!

It was intense. And I know Dane Thomas is but a child, and remembers not what he ate for lunch today, much less Easter. But I am proud to call Elevation my home and Jesus my Savior. I can barely contain my excitement to watch his faith grow as he develops his own personal relationship with the Lord.
There were also egg hunts and candy...
They weren't nearly as exciting.

No comments: